Sunday, December 18, 2011

XMAS STRESS!!!

Christmas is so stressful this year. We still don't have out tree decorated, the house needs cleaned, the gifts need wrapped, and I am so far behind in my knitted gifts! I am really pushing myself to get one present completed by Christmas, but I feel horrible that I have 3 other gifts that will not get done on time :( It makes me sad.

On a good note, we were able to get a few nice gifts for our children. We got a Monster High doll and bed set (Clawdeen, the werewolf girl) for our youngest and a Moxie Gilrz horse for the older girl. We also bought them some clothes. From Santa the oldest girl asked for a BFC Ink doll (a pose-able 18" doll). Those dolls are super expensive right now. They regularly sell for $29.99 but they are sold out everywhere but being sold for double price by scalpers (jerks more like it). I was not going to pay $60 for a $30 doll, but I found a doll with similar hair and eyes to my daughter. She is a summer fun type of doll, so she comes with a swim suit and beach stuff. I still only spent about $37 for the doll and an extra outfit for here, so I felt I did okay. My younger daughter wanted another Monster High doll. She doesn't know what we got here for Christmas, but she bought a "Dead Tired" Cleo De Nile doll with her allowance and tooth fairy money recently. She wanted to ask Santa for the "fish girl," and we actually managed to find a Laguna Blue doll at the local Target store (another toy that is sold out almost everywhere, Monster High dolls are really hard to find online right now).

I have nothing for my husband. Every time I think of something I want to get for him he goes and ticks me off. I can't seem to make myself get a gift for him when I feel so angry at him. I was going to get him a set of pens for writing in his journal (so he doesn't steal mine) but I haven't gotten any yet. He did tell me I could buy some yarn, so I guess that is my gift from him. I picked out two colorways of the same chunky yarn. One is a hand painted pink, so it is bright pinks, purples, and berry colors. The other color is also hand painted, but it is a softer pastel yarn with very light blues and lavenders. I am hoping to make two colors of the same outfit. I have my eye on a sweater tunic (I hope to make it a touch longer so it is more dress like) that I want to try to recreate without a pattern but just from looking at the picture. I am excited about it, and hopefully at some point I actually get the time to make them, lol

I keep thinking about getting a scale, but just haven't yet. I am curious what I weigh. My size 14 jeans slide down a bit, but the 12's are still a bit uncomfortable. I will probably gain a couple pounds over Christmas anyway.

I wanted to pick up a bottle of Bailey's as a super special Christmas treat (as in I would only have some at Christmas time and not during the rest of the year). Bailey's is expensive though, so we tried a different brand from Sam's Club. I guess it is okay, but it is no where near as good as Bailey's. It isn't as smooth or creamy textured but has a weird artificial thickness to it that is kinda gross. I love Bailey's in coffee (there is no yummier creamer in my opinion) but this Irish Cream just doesn't taste that good in coffee (which sucks, because that what why I wanted it in the first place). Oh how I wish we wouldn't have tried to save $10 and would have just got the good stuff. I have been considering asking my husband to pick up a bottle of Bailey's but I don't really want to spend the extra money after he bought all that yarn for me and we have been skimping on money to buy gifts for the kids.

Alcohol is a weird thing in our house. I really like to have a drink once in awhile, don't drink to excess, never lose control of myself, and know when I need to stop. But we can't have alcohol in the house because of my husband. He has ZERO self control. He gets drunk quickly, and won't stop drinking even when he is so drunk he is walking into door frames. I know I shouldn't resent him over it, but I do sometimes. It is not hard for me to control myself with alcohol so I don't really understand why he can't. If we buy a bottle of wine for a meal, I have one glass and my husband drinks the rest of it (regardless of whether we had planned to save it for another meal). He doesn't listen to me at all and it's like he doesn't even care about how he looks or how he acts. We have young children, so a drink or two (after they are to bed) then going to bed is fine. Drinking until you can't stand up or speak correctly is absolutely not okay. It seems strange to me that two people who have so much in common can still be opposite in so many other areas. It does feel unfair to me that I can't have a mixed drink once or twice a month because my husband won't bother to control himself. It isn't a huge problem, just annoying.

I sort of went off there...oops! Anyway I should get back to my knitting. I have a lot of knitting to do and little time to do it in, so I'd better get crackin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment