Thursday, February 14, 2013

First fluff mail!

I got my first "fluff mail" today! My GMD Indian cotton prefolds came! I ordered the non-chlorine bleached ones for a cleaner look. I was going to get organic or unbleached, but hubby thought white cleaner looking ones would be better. Anything to keep him on board with changing diapers, especially considering he is willing to use prefolds without any fuss. I got a notice that my order was shipped on Tuesday only about an hour after placing. To say the least, I am very happy with the shipping. I also noticed when I opened the box there are 2 free safety pins included! Very cool! I haven't bought any Snappies, so having the pins is nice. I know this is pretty boring, but I am excited, lol

All 24 brand-new, never-been-washed, prefolds!

I skipped the newborn size as they are supposed to fit up to 10 lbs. My girls were born at 37 and 38 weeks, and they averaged 8 1/2 lbs at birth. I am thinking if this little guy has the extra time to cook, he could come out more in the 9+ lb range. I would feel like I wasted money if I bought a bunch of diapers that only fit for a week or two. The plan is to just fold down the back or front as needed until they fit properly. I shouldn't have to buy more prefolds until he is about 6 months old. This order of prefolds cost me $63, including shipping, or roughly $2.62 each. So far between the prefolds and wool yarn, I've spent around $125 on diapers. Wipes will be free (planning on cutting up a couple receiving blankets and an old worn out flannel sheet), but I still need to buy some Snappies, hemp doublers, and a wet bag or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment