Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dangerous Early Weigh-ins.

Weighing in early can be, and often is, a dangerous thing to do. It is best to check your weight once a week, or everyday then average out the weights. Weight fluctuates quite a bit day to day, and it can be tough emotionally to suffer set-backs during the week that may not count at all by the end. I try to adhere to the once-a-week rule, but it isn't easy sometimes. It is only Tuesday, but I weighed myself anyway because I felt thinner last night (lol, yes I know that sounds weird, but my wedding ring has gotten rather sloppy. Also, my husband said I looked like I'd lost weight without it being solicited!) and I wanted to see if I really had lost weight or was just going crazy. I got on the scale before my shower this morning, and lo and behold 220.5 lbs! That is down 1.5 lbs in two days, and my weekly goal is 2 lbs.

Not only my weight on the scale, but I could see a difference in the mirror as well. It looked like my breasts were smaller (yes, yes, TMI, I know) and I wasn't imaging it either because my bra that has been overstuffed for months is now visibly getting slightly baggy in the cups. That is really great and bad at the same time. It is nice to be losing so much weight, and being a 34 GG I don't mind losing size there. The bad part of it is that I don't have the money to buy new bras right now, lol Best website (or store period) I've found for buying bras is figleaves.com, however while they have good sales and sell a huge range of sizes, their bras tend to be on the pricey side. The average price for a good bra is around $50 to $60. If you have the money it is really worth it though, as the bras I've bought from them have lasted forever and been far superior in build than what you can find at retail or department stores (this includes Victoria Secret) in my area.

We are having a bit of an issue with finances right now, and that is putting a bit of a cramp on the whole loosing weight thing. We have to cut our food budget down for the next 3 weeks (like in half, which is drastic because our food budget is pretty moderate to begin with). Part of the idea with this low-carb high-fat diet is to not limit your food intake but to eat as much fat and meat as you want. We won't be buying much meat for a couple weeks, probably mostly eggs. I am going to be so sick of eggs, lol

I allow myself to buy some small frivolous thing as a reward for each ten lbs lost, but probably won't have the money for that either. I will most assuredly reach 220 by the end of this week, but won't have much money for a reward. I usually buy pretty small things. Once I bought a pair of pajamas that I wanted that were about $10, other times I've bought manicure supplies, or Nicole by OPI nail polish at Wal-Mart. I try to keep it at or under $10. I have some more expensive items I want for when I reach big goals (e.g. 200 lbs, 175 lbs and at my goal weight of 150 lbs.). The Tria is one, and a Sedu Revolution flat iron is another. When I reach my final goal of 150 lbs, I want to get Lasik, but that involves major cost. If I can scrounge up enough change I will buy myself a new bottle of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat, as that is something I really need and isn't very expensive.

Since I was feeling good about losing a pound and a half, I decided to make myself wear a dress today. I almost never wear dresses (or anything that shows my legs really). I think I need to stop being so hard on myself for the way my legs look. Yeah I'm still gonna try to get rid of as much scarring as I can with a derma roller, but I think it would be good if I stopped hating my legs before then. I am going to try to wear a skirt, dress, or shorts twice a week. This doesn't mean I'll be wearing anything but jeans outside the house though.

I trimmed my bangs today. They were getting pretty long and I was wearing them swept to the side a lot, so I trimmed them up so they look better. They are a tad bit shorter than usual, as I was hoping to get a little more time between trims this time. I am working on growing some out so they aren't quite so thick, but it's gonna take awhile. I need to trim the tips on my hair too, but didn't feel like doing that today. Heck, it's hot enough today that I don't feel like doing much of anything. Good day to get some reading done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment