Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's been a good week for weight-loss!

My slump is apparently over. This week I lost 5.5 pounds! I now weigh 206.5 lbs.

I am not sure if it really took over a month to recover from eating birthday cake, or if it was other changes I made to my diet...or possibly both. I stopped using packet and granular Splenda. I now use Stevia (Stevia in the Raw brand, though I would like to try Sweet Leaf brand as well). I use liquid sucralose (EzSweetz brand) for baking and cooking and for the rare cup of coffee. The Stevia had a leaf-ish kind of taste the first time I tried it, though I didn't notice the reportedly bitter taste. I use as little of it as I can to sweeten my tea (half a packet or a whole packet if I am craving something sweeter) and now notice no weird aftertaste or bitterness. I have been liking it, though I've noticed my husband much prefers the liquid sucralose drop. I have seen flavored Stevia drops that I would like to try. I am curious if it is flavorful enough that when added to club soda would make a nice (once-in-awhile) replacement for pop (that's what we call Soda up here in the far north).

Another change I made was cutting my caffeine intake way down. I was having blended coffee drinks a couple times during the day. Now I have a cup of coffee maybe once per week. I have been drinking a good deal of iced tea, but tea doesn't have nearly as much caffeine as does coffee. I may try some new teas after my current supply runs out, and I will probably look at getting some green tea as well. I also cut back the amount of dairy foods I was eating as well. I try not to have cheese and cream in the same day.

It feels good to be doing so well losing weight again. Hopefully I can keep it up and lose 2 or more lbs every week. I am so excited to be under 210 and working towards getting out of the 200's. Getting below 200 lbs is a huge milestone for me, so it is really great to be getting so close! I am only 6.5 lbs away! It is so hard to believe that I have lost 40.5 lbs! That is a lot of weight! I can't wait to keep going and lose even more. I just need to remember that sugar is the devil, and absolutely will derail me for a whole month. Next birthday, I will be making a cheesecake, lol

I am still using the derma roller. I use it about once a week though, so not as frequently as I had planned on. I also cut back my use of the BioOil. I am out of it now, and had cut back to using it once a day instead of twice per day. It still has not lasted very long, and it is $15 for a little bottle. I do think it is helping the condition of my skin, but I know I won't always be able to buy as much of it as needed. Supposedly you have to use it for 3 months before seeing results. That seems like a long time to be buying it just to find out if it works or not. I don't really see any results from using the derma roller yet either, though I have been using it lightly and only once per week. I will keep it up though, since I know it is something that doesn't happen over night.

Nothing else to comment on really. I am hoping for another successful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment