Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Hoofmaker"

My horsey lotion arrived yesterday, hooray! I used it a few times throughout the day after washing my hands and I can already see a difference in the condition of my skin today. My skin is soft enough my 5-year-old daughter told me that my hands feel nice and soft. I am impressed by it so far.

The husband tried the lotion last night and said he liked it. The man is rather picky about these sorts of things, but he stated that it soaked in fast and he liked that. I hope he sticks to using it. Lizard hands aren't so lovely or romantic, lol Last winter he was using Aquaphor lotion and it was so greasy that he had to wear gloves over it. It was sort of weird waking up in the morning next to a man wearing Mickey Mouse gloves.

I give "Hoofmaker" two thumbs up!

I was hoping some of my other Amazon purchases would arrive today, but no such luck. Being shipped via USPS it shouldn't take longer than 3 days after they are shipped for them to get here. Hopefully the rest of my stuff comes tomorrow.

This is sort of beauty related, but I got a good deal on coconut oil from Amazon. There was a sale on a subscribe and save item, so I ended up getting 2 15 ounce tubs of coconut oil for $13.23. I got the Nutiva brand. I really like coconut oil for pan frying vegetables in. It is just cool stuff and a very good alternative to regular vegetable oils that contain soy. I need to experiment using it for hair conditioning, as I believe I used too much previously. I have had better luck using olive oil to deep condition my hair, but you know how olive oil smells... it is sort of yucky to have your hair smell that way.

Some day I need to actually put on some makeup and take a new picture for this blog. The current picture is really annoying me. It used to fit in its allotted space, but now it is too big and is sticking off the side in a horridly un-neat sort of way! I do need to take a more recent picture, as that one is about 25-30 lbs ago.

It is really obnoxious not having many hot things to drink in cool weather. I have tried to drink tea a few times and have just decided that I don't really like tea more than a couple times per year. I used to like hot tea, not sure why I no longer enjoy it. I am getting tired of coffee (been drinking decaf). I really need to break down and just buy some spiced chai tea bags and try to have somewhat healthy chai tea latte that I use my own sweetener and cream in. I have been craving spiced chai latte tea, but it is so expensive to buy the mix and not available in a low carb variety locally. This town is NOT low carb friendly.

I am rambling. I have better things to do, I just need to go do them...sigh, what I wouldn't give for a mug of hot chocolate heaped with marshmallows! Oh well, one more cup of decaf coffee with a little too much cream coming up! Now all that remains is what to watch; Star Trek again or some random anime? I don't remember Next Generations being so funny when I was younger. Guess that answers that. Coffee, Star Trek, and sock knitting... Engage!

2 comments:

  1. You know, it is funny... I too have discovered that tea is not such a big draw for me these days either....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, glad to know it's not just me :D

    ReplyDelete