Monday, October 1, 2012

8 Weeks and 2 days.

Today I met my midwife for the first time. The consultation went great and I am excited to be working with her. It seems like her approach to prenatal care and birthing was exactly what I was looking for. She doesn't do a ton of tests, is cool with how much or little weight I gain so long as my diet is good (lots of protein, veggies, and fruit), and is easy to talk to. My offical first appointment is on the 29th. I will be 12 weeks (past the danger zone!!) and we may be able to hear the baby's heart beat. I am very excited about working towards an all natural home birth!

Everything has been pretty good with the pregnancy so far. I am not hardly ever sick, just in the mornings when I am really hungry. I still don't have much energy, but I bought a prenatal yoga dvd that I am hoping will help a bit with that. If nothing else, it should help me get a little more flexible before birth.

I finished reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" and am currently reading "Silent Knife" and "Heart and Hands." The first book was quite good and very encouraging towards a natural (unmedicated) home birth. "Silent Knife" is a book about vbacs from the 80's. It is really good and quite enlightening. The statistics are not current, obviously, but the book has some very good information regardless. The "Heart and Hands" book is a book intended for the training of midwifes. It is chock-full of great information, and I am loving how much I am learning from it (not sure it will be helpful knowing how to give someone a pelvic exam though, lol).

My husband and I are huge Doctor Who fans, so hubby bought a Dalek plushy for the baby, lol It is a little clip on one that is about 4 inches tall. When you squeeze it it says a few different things, like "you would make a good Dalek" "Exterminate! Exterminate!" lol It is a bit sad that we think it is so awesome, but hey, that's who we are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment