Sunday, January 1, 2012

First weigh in of 2012.

I weighed myself this morning at 217.6 lbs. That is down some from yesterday, but much higher than I would be if I had watched my diet over the holidays. I didn't eat any sugar over the holidays, but I was eating more starches than I should have and there were quite a few sugar alcohols.

My plan is to limit my food choices pretty severely for the first two weeks. I want to kick start my weight loss and get my body used to burning fat for fuel. For the first two weeks I will be eating only meat and some dairy. That includes all meats, eggs, cheese in limited quantities, and one serving of heavy cream per day. I plan to limit my sweetener use to no more than three servings per day. One can of pop (sweetened with splenda) and one cup of coffee per day. The pop will get counted as one of my servings of sweetener. I will allow some condiments, but only sugar free or reduced sugar and in small amounts. I will be drinking mostly water and hope to get my water intake up. I will also continue taking my current vitamins and supplements.

After the two weeks are over I plan to start introducing small amounts of non-starchy vegetables. I hope to keep Atkins shakes and bars out of my diet for the most part. I have found in the past that they are hard to limit and they can stall weight loss for me. I don't plan on eating any fruit until I am at or very near my goal, and then only berries.

Exercise isn't going to even enter the picture for quite a while. I don't believe exercise promotes weight loss but that it actually can interfere. Exercising builds strength and muscle and needs extra nutrition to support it, and that is not what I am after right now. I may start exercising lightly to build strength in my back and legs before I try to get pregnant, but I'm not concerned with it right now.

I will adjust my eating plan if I encounter any problems with it, but I don't see that happening. I am really excited to see how much I lose during the first couple weeks. I haven't decided if I will be posting weekly updates, or just stick to the monthly weigh in. I will be weighing myself at least once a week unless it becomes obsessive than I'll have to lock the scale away somewhere. That's all for now. I am busy trying to get as much knitting done as I can before we return to school on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment