Friday, January 27, 2012

Weight woes, and makeup.

I have been sick lately. I spent most of last week sick actually, and just recently feeling healthy again. I did virtually nothing while I was sick, just lay in bed and be sick. I lost 3 lbs while I was sick, but because it was sickness weight-loss I gained it all back immediately. I was all the way down to 204 lbs, but gained back up to 207. We went shopping last Saturday and my husband and children insisted we eat out. We went to pizza hut and I ended up gaining some weight from that too.

I was really down the beginning of this week when I weighted myself. Instead of losing 2 lbs last week, I ended up gaining one from being sick and eating carbs. That put me back up to 208, though I have went up another 2 lbs since then. I feel horrible because I blew my diet and I am pretty ashamed of myself. I had been doing so well, but gave in to what my family wanted. I wasn't too happy with my husband for not backing me up and supporting me in my efforts to lose weight. He had promised to support me and not do anything to sabotage my efforts, so I was pretty hurt that he didn't keep that promise to me. In order to make up for last week I would have had to lose 7 lbs this week, which didn't happen. I am not happy about this set back and it has made it really hard to stay motivated.

Because I have been so depressed about my weight-loss, I have been trying to focus on other things instead. A friend of mine will be getting married this spring, so I have been doing some research into different makeup products to try. My makeup collection is pretty old, and I need to replace a lot of it anyway, but this gives me another excuse to buy a couple of things. I need just about all kinds of makeup, but right now I am looking for a really good mascara, eye liner, nude lipstick, pink lip gloss, and a good foundation (hopefully one that photographs well). I have a few products I would like to try, but still need to find a few more to try. I have tried out a couple things, and like them, but haven't found anything truly amazing yet (granted I am only shopping drug store makeup).

I saw a gel nail kit at Walmart that piqued my interest. It is called SensatioNails, and comes with everything needed to do soak-off gel nails at home (even the led lamp). It was barely under $50 at Walmart, so I didn't get it. I seriously thought about it though. I was hoping to pick it up at CVS a couple days later, but they didn't carry it. I just signed up for a CVS card and their beauty rewards program. I figured if I am going to be buying makeup, I may as well watch for good deals and get things while they are cheaper.

Anyway, about the SensatioNails again, I am planning on buying the kit. I was going to wait a couple weeks to pick it up, but I will go ahead and get it now. Most husbands get flowers to apologize when they have been being a jerk, mine always used to get me food (I wouldn't have gotten so fat if he would have just behaved and didn't buy Ben & Jerry's so often, lol). Since I am trying to lose weight, there is a no more "treats" rule. So far this month he has gotten me a pair of boots (half off, but still), some makeup, and I do believe he will be buying the SensatioNails kit after today's fiasco (really don't feel like getting into that right now, so no further details). I do think I will have him pick me up another bottle of color when he does buy the kit. The kit comes in either a wine red color or a scarlet red (orange-ish hue to it) and last time Walmart was sold out of the wine red color. I am not so sure I would wear the scarlet red color, as I don't wear bright reds but maybe twice a year. I am not very impressed with the color selection right now, so I am hoping they add more soon. If they have the light pink available I may have him get that, or the taupe color. Once I actually get it and use it I will post pictures of my manicure and report on how it was to use. I really hope it works well and have high hopes for it. I need to finally visit Sally Beauty and see what they have available for gel shellacs and what brands they sell. I don't really want to buy gel colors online, but I will if that is the best place to get them (so I am really hoping Sally has a good selection).

As a last bit of news before I quit for the night, I have started using the Bio Oil regularly. I have used the derma roller twice this week and the oil twice every day this week as well. It is nice to have silky soft skin, but I care more about the scars and whether they diminish or not over the next few months. I am a bit concerned about how fast the Bio Oil is being used up. I am not sure I want to spend $15 for a bottle every week, but I do really want to get rid of (or at least lessen) my scars and stretch marks. If nothing else, the Bio Oil does a fantastic job at making skin feel soft and silky. Hopefully I can stick with my routine and not fall off the wagon yet again.

Next week had better be a good week. I will be changing my diet some and incorporating some "diet" products. We'll see how it all goes. Anyways, that's it for now. I think a cup of something warm and a good book sound pretty good to wind down before bed. Maybe I'll finish "A Clash of Kings" tonight so I can start the third book before the second season of "Game of Thrones" starts in April. I really like "Good Calories, Bad Calories" but I'm not sure I want to use my brain that much right now, lol I have over 50 books queued up that I need to get working on, it's not like there is any shortage of something to read. I think tonight is a "Song of Ice and Fire" kind of night though, so "A Clash of Kings" it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment