Friday, August 17, 2012

TTC CD#14 update.

Thank goodness I tested with OPKs at midnight last night! This morning both the Wondfo and Clearblue digital tests were negative. I came so close to missing my LH surge. See, obsessive testing can be a good thing, lol

So, you know what that makes today, right? BD like the earth is gonna end! Hubby is drinking a couple cups of coffee 1 hour before, and we are using Pre-Seed, praying a lot, but besides that not much special (position modification, so sperm have to travel as little as possible, but you know, ewww!). The plan is to BD early in the morning (when sperm count is highest!), once in the afternoon, then again in the evening. After today, we will probably not even look at each other for a week or two, lol Also had a stroke of luck with timing. Sperm count is highest after 4 days of abstinence, then slowly goes down until the lowest point at 7 days abstinence. Since I O'd on the predicted day, we hit the nail on the head...so to speak.

I can't really say what I think of the Pre-Seed as of yet. I do think it is misleading that the box kinda makes it sound like it helps you get pregnant :/ That is totally not the case, it is just a lube that is sperm friendly. The reason we are using it is because I don't want to put raw egg white up there for the sperm to swim through... yes, some women actually do that, lol It doesn't have as high of a PH level as egg whites, but seriously, how nasty is that? I do find it amusing that the applicators remind me of what my parents used to worm goats during my childhood, lol My husband was incredibly grossed out when I mentioned this to him, lol As far as a lube goes, it is nothing special, but probably better than the usual cheap stuff you find in the drugstore. I did love that it came with some coupons though. I wouldn't have bought that digital test without the $10 coupon, and it was a serious mood booster to see that smiley face last night! (even it is was sort of creepy).

I am being good and still drinking my nasty green tea (I hope I get used to the taste, since it is good for endo I will probably be drinking it for a very long time). I had a huge bowl of watermelon this morning, and have tater tots in the oven cooking to have with lunch (*puke* I am so sick of potatoes and watermelon!!). I think I will continue with the boy diet through tomorrow, then ease back into low-carb.

I am officially in the TWW, and will do everything in my power to not test like a psycho!  After doing research on progesterone I feel more confident about not misreading symptoms. It is so sucky to have symptoms and feel pregnant, but it is just the corpus luteum (something I didn't know much about until I was in the hospital with the ectopic) jacking up your hormones! At least this month I know better and I will be ignoring any symptoms I have until at least 10 DPO (days past ovulation). I will try to hold off on using an HPT until AF is due, but I think we all know I will cave and test on day 9, 11, and 13. *sigh* I just have no self control when it comes to peeing on sticks, lol

So that's all for the TTC talk for today. I will post about diet and endo here in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment