Sunday, February 26, 2012

VLCD#1

I am frustrated. I had a post all typed out on my Kindle, and it crashed. My entire post is now gone, and I get to start over, oh hooray (insert obvious sarcasm here).

I am partway through the day. It wasn't too weird not eating breakfast, seeing as how I usually end up doing that anyway, so not much of an adjustment there. It hasn't been too bad pushing the fluids either. I got out the tea brewer and made some iced tea. I have drank about half of my daily requirement of liquids so far.

Lunch was weird. I am so not used to eating chicken. Low-carbers typically don't eat a lot of chicken because of the low percentage of fat in it, so this is the first chicken I've had since Thanksgiving. I am using a few diet tracker apps to track my calories and nutritional intake as well as my daily weight. The one for my calories keeps reminding me that my calorie intake is way too low, lol DUH! I didn't put in 500 calories per day goal on accident. The apps are pretty convenient so far.

Speaking of apps, I am encouraging my husband to start using the Atkins app for his iPhone. He has problems tracking carbs, and having it on his phone would make it much easier for him. The reviews for the Atkins app give it a pretty bad rap, but from the little I played with it it didn't seem so bad. It seems kinda dumb that people complain about having to add some of their own custom entries, which if you are used to tracking your carbs on a piece of paper using the app seems like very little work. I hope he stays on track and uses the app to make sure he doesn't go over his carb limit. This morning he stuffed his omelet with cheddar and cream cheese, and I think he is unaware of how many carbs he added by doing that.

I did get my husband to help me with the calipers and taking a before picture (which turned out horrid since I was super bloated from the pizza we had eaten for supper yesterday). We finally settled on my body fat percentage being 30%. That isn't much higher than I had gotten on my own, but it is enough that I feel a bit better about it. I am darn certain that I am not in the normal range, given that I am obese and probably 4 jean sizes too big for my ideal weight.

I probably won't update again today. I have a few things to do that will keep me pretty busy, and there isn't a whole lot else to say. Hopefully I will have a smaller weight to report tomorrow (I am not expecting anything, but am hoping for maybe a pound this first day before things really get rolling).

No comments:

Post a Comment