Wednesday, February 29, 2012

VLCD#4

2.2 lbs loss on the scale today. I was really hoping to lose a tiny bit more, as that would have put me under 210 instead of the 210.4 where I am right now. Oh, well. Guess I will have to wait one more day to get under 210 ;P Seriously though, 2.2 lbs lost is pretty darn good. I have lost 9.5 lbs since my highest weight after load, so not bad at all.

After two days of having chicken and asparagus, I decided to switch it up some, so today I am eating chicken and cabbage. Big change, huh? I am also having strawberries instead of apples as my fruit as well. I am not sure I am really allowed to use it, but I put some Frank's hot sauce on my chicken and cabbage meal. I figured a couple drops wouldn't hurt, especially since there is basically nothing in the hot sauce anyway. It made the cabbage taste way better and not so bland.

I attempted to blend my frozen strawberries into a sorbet, which was a pretty nasty reminder that I need to get a different mini blender. I had forgotten just how wimpy the Magic Bullet is when it comes to blending up chunks when there is very little liquid with it. Granted it works really well so long as you are making liquidy things or slushies with sugar. I hope to make blended slushies this summer that are mostly ice and flavoring with artificial sweeter, so I will need a better blender for that. I am not sure I want to fight with the bullet for the rest of the 40 days of the HCG Protocol though. It took me half an hour fighting with the bullet to get my strawberries to even puree this morning. Basically they only blended up nicely once they had thawed out, which meant I had to freeze them again and wait even longer before I could eat them! So frustrating!

To fix the blender issue, my husband is going to go to Sam's Club tonight and pick up a Ninja. The whole line of Ninja blenders have really excellent reviews all over the web, so we are going to try one. We will be getting the Ninja Master Prep Pro. On Amazon it sells for $70, but we will only have to pay $50 at Sam's and will be getting an extra small container as well (hence why we will be getting it from Sam's!). It sounds nice, so hopefully it works much better than the bullet and can actually puree frozen fruit like claimed. Just for comparisons sake, we paid $50 for the Magic Bullet when it was on sale.

Having a blender that works well (I hope!) will make it easier to prep foods for this diet. It would be kind of nice to have soup once in a while. Eating strawberry sorbet is much more appetizing to me than plain apples as well. Slushies with flavored Stevia drops might not be so bad either, and would actually be something I could have. Once I get off this and onto Atkins again I will be able to make blended coffee drinks. I like to use some ice, instant coffee, and about half of an Atkins shake to blend up into a drink. Using the bullet for that was difficult though, since if I didn't use crushed ice there would be huge chunks of ice in it still. This diet hasn't been too bad so far, but I am missing some of the foods I am used to eating. Last night it was hard to eat my plain chicken and asparagus while everyone else was eating cheesy sausage quiche, it looked so good, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment