Thursday, March 1, 2012

VLCD#5 and Week#1 totals

Today is day 7 of the Protocol, and day 5 of the VLCD (phase 2). This morning the scale read exactly what it did yesterday (either bloating from the cabbage yesterday, or because I had some cream in my coffee (I feel more like it is cabbage)). I am okay with not losing weight one day out of the whole week, especially since my measurements were so awesome :D

Day #1                                                                      Day #7
     Weight..................215.0 lbs                                       Weight..................210.4 lbs
     Waist.......................42.0 inches                                 Waist.......................38.0 inches
     Hips........................46.0 inches                                  Hips........................44.5 inches
     Body fat %.............30.0 %                                         Body fat %.............29.0 %

That means I lost 4.6 lbs, 4 inches off my waist, 1.5 inches off my hips and 1% body fat. That is pretty darn good for just one week! I am very happy with my results so far and look forward to seeing how my numbers change next week.

I have decided to change to a different product. I discovered after more research that what I am using isn't even hHCG, so I ordered some pellets from Netrition.com The pellets are supposed to be easier to take and the Intermountain brand that I got seems to work very well for a lot of people. I hope they work good and are easy to use. They weren't very expensive (pretty comparable to the stuff I got from Wal-Mart actually) and should get here tomorrow.

On a final note, I am loving the Ninja! It really does make snow! I used it last night to make some berry ice cream for the kids and some plain ice cream for the husband. The ice cream turned out pretty good, so I am excited to make my strawberry sorbet today. I also used the ninja to make tomato soup for lunch today, and it worked okay. I just pureed two whole tomatoes with 1/4 cup of milk then heated it up in a pot on the stove. It was a bit grainy, but I think if I had used stewed tomatoes without skins it would have turned out much creamier. It was still delicious and I will most likely make it again (and other soups!). I made strawberry peach smoothies for the kids and they turned out thick and creamy (my seven year old said it was the most delicious smoothie in the whole world, so I'm guessing they turned out pretty tasty!). I think it was $50 well spent and actually threw out the old blender today (I would have donated it, but the base was broken some, and I don't donate things that I think could be dangerous. I will be donating/giving away the magic bullet as soon as I find the manual though).

Hopefully I have some weight loss to report tomorrow. I am fine with one day of not losing, but I do need some movement for motivation purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment