Thursday, March 8, 2012

VLCD#12 and Week#2 totals.


 Week#2 is done and I am officially 1/3rd of the way done with the low calorie days. The past few days have been pretty good in that I have felt good. I did not show a loss on the scale today, so that was kind of disappointing. I do feel that my losses for the second week were pretty good. Here are my stats.


Day #7                                                                      Day #14
     Weight...................210.4 lbs                                      Weight...................205.0 lbs
     Waist.......................38.0 inches                                 Waist.......................37.5 inches
     Hips........................44.5 inches                                  Hips........................43.0 inches
     Body fat %.............29.0 %                                         Body fat %.............29.0 %


So for weight I lost nearly 5 1/2 lbs, which is more than I lost the first week (counting start weight, not highest load weight). I lost half an inch off my waist, 1 1/2 inches off my hips and my body fat % stayed the same. I am happy with my progress so far, though I am not convinced that I am losing more than I would have on a strict low carb diet. I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but I remember losing 11 lbs in 2 weeks on Atkins Induction.

Regardless of if I would have lost as much weight on a different diet or not, I do believe I needed something drastic in order to break the cycle of bad eating. This diet being so very strict has really helped me stick to it so far. I am not as tempted to stray when something is off limits as I am when it is just in a grey area. I still think about cheesecake and cheeseburgers sometimes, but I know that I can't have it, so it isn't really an issue.

That's all for today, hopefully a loss tomorrow, and another 5 lbs loss to report at the end of week#3!

No comments:

Post a Comment