Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week #4 summary

Okay, so the update is a few days late. I have been pretty upset about my weight loss lately as it has been slow and I gained a pound this morning :( But here I am, finally getting to it ;)

Day #19                                                                     Day #26
     Weight...................202.0 lbs                                      Weight...................198.4 lbs
     Waist.......................36.8 inches                                 Waist.......................36.0 inches
     Hips........................43.0 inches                                  Hips........................43.0 inches
     Body fat %.............27.6 %                                         Body fat %.............27.6 %

Again my losses were pretty good this past week. 3.6 lbs lost is .6 more than I lost the week before. I also lost just over 3/4 inch off my waist. I am curious as to why I haven't lost anything off my hips for two weeks in a row now...hopefully that trend doesn't continue much longer. Over all, last week was a productive weight loss week.

I am currently on VLCD#28 and I am really starting to struggle with the diet. I am having a lot of head hunger and some rather strong carb cravings. I don't know what is going on, but it is frustrating. I shouldn't be craving carbs at all, but our last grocery shopping trip was pure torture! (I didn't cave, thankfully). I have stopped eating the fruit and am only allowing tomatoes as my fruit, and I try to keep that at only one serving each day. Hopefully here in another day or two the carb cravings will stop or at least lessen.

I am becoming pretty tired of the diet as well. I am starting to feel like I've been doing this for much longer than I have. I am not really getting bored of the food or having any real issues, it just seems like I am not quite where I should be emotionally. Either I am getting really close to my time of the month, I am deprived of dietary fat, or I am just plain going crazy. I know in my head that I am doing very well and losing fat and inches really fast, yet I feel like I am not making enough progress. I have made so much progress and I know that I should feel pleased, yet I am confused as to why I don't feel good about my progress. I am thinking this may have something to do with decreasing my fat intake and the effect that has had on my mood. I have 11 whole days left, but I am thinking I may need to stop before then and switch to Atkins just for my mood's sake.

Exercise has been entering my mind a lot lately. I am not supposed to exercise on this diet, and I don't believe exercise leads to weight loss anyway. I wouldn't even be considering exercising or thinking about it at all if it wasn't for my husband. He is wanting to start working out again. The problem with that is that I would like to do the same workout, but I don't want to start it months after he has. It would be much easier for me to start it the same time he does and just do the workouts alongside him. It would be good to tone up some, but I am still on the fence about whether to start now or later. If I don't start when my husband does, then there is a pretty good chance I won't do it at all. I don't really feel ready to start working out quite yet, but I don't really want to ask him to wait since it seems to be pretty important to him. I want to make a decision on it pretty soon, as I will need to have switched to Atkins for a while before I could start working out.

That's all for now. I am really hoping to have lost my pound gain tomorrow. I have really been loading up on liquids today, so hopefully that helps some.

No comments:

Post a Comment