Tuesday, March 20, 2012

VLCD#24

I had a .8 pound loss today, so I am exactly at 199 lbs. I am doing really well losing weight, but I don't emotionally feel it right now. Encouragement hasn't exactly been abundant, and I've been struggling with keeping positive. I know in my head that I am doing good, but for some reason I don't feel like it is good enough.

I thought going shopping for new pants would make me feel better, but it didn't. Instead of being a rewarding experience it was frustrating and discouraging. We went to Target, and I have to say, I hate Target's pants. The jeans that are supposed to sit just below the waist, were a good 3 inches below my belly button. Either Target has no clue where a woman's waist is, or they make their clothes for people with extremely short torsos. Besides the issue of their pants just not working, they have very unflattering mirrors in the changing rooms. Like most women, I feel I look worse than I actually do. Target's mirrors made me look worse than I feel I look. I can't see myself trying on clothes there again anytime soon. After the not so good experience at Target, we went to Walmart (shudder) and I bought the only pair of size 12 long jeans they had. Why are they nearly always out of my size, no matter what size I am?

I am looking forward to switching over to Atkins in a couple more weeks. I don't mind this diet as much as I thought I would, but my mood has suffered. I can't wait to get back on a high fat diet and have a sunnier disposition. I can't say that I'll miss these vegetables and extra lean meats at all. I am looking forward to having a stir-fry, stuffed pork, and hamburgers again.

Anyway, that's all for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow is a good day :)

2 comments:

  1. I have had trouble with Target pants as well. I don't know who they are made for but it sure isn't me. Have you tried Old Navy? I haven't tried their pants in a few years so they could have changed but I liked them in the past. They come on sale sometimes and that makes them rather affordable. They used to have a wide variety of styles. Everything I tried on at Target seemed to be made for a hip-less person with stick legs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't shopped at Old Navy in years (like 7, lol), and even then it was baby clothing. I will definitely check their pants out though, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete